Another perspective on your property
Drone photography sells homes. There are no two ways about that. Agents who use drones are shown to have –
- A 73% increase in listings
- A 68% increase in deal closing
- And 83% of home sellers prefer to work with a realtor who uses drones
And those are some pretty startling figures. So, getting a great drone video sells homes. But why? Well, let’s take a look at some of the reasons that really matter –
- Location is always said to be the most important factor when buying a home. What better way to show off the location than by air? A drone visual allows the potential buyer to see it all – the property, the surrounding area, proximity to amenities. And that really sells. The location looks different when viewed from the air.
- Perspective makes all the difference when selling homes. Trawl through the listings on any property website and you will see home after home with the traditional image – front of the property from the ground. Just by lifting that image a few meters, you can transform the way a property looks. It now stands out from the crowd.
- Expectation is crucial for buyers. As tech has taken over our lives, people now have the expectation from their realtor that they use drone visuals. It now comes as standard from many realtors. So, if you’re behind the curve then you’re really behind the curve.
Drone visuals are no longer a nice addition to what you already offer. They are integral, as we can see from the figures at the top of this article. Can you really afford not to have drone visuals as part of what you offer your clients? No, we didn’t think so.
The Pros And Cons Of Buying Vs Hiring Drone Photography
So, we’ve reached this point and you’re sold on using drone images for your real estate business. Now you have a decision to make –
Do you buy a drone and use it for your own business?
Or do you hire a drone expert every time the need arises?
And there are pros and cons of each instance. It looks pretty easy to fly a drone, doesn’t it? Just like a kid’s toy. But this isn’t actually the case. While you may be able to get the thing off the ground and back down fairly safely on the first try, flying expertly to produce excellent ales material quality video is a different matter altogether. An expert drone pilot has hundreds of hours of drone flying under their belt. And this makes for steady, accurate images that are worthy of your real estate agency.
Owning the drone means that you have control over when and where it is flown, that’s for sure. All you need to do is to pick it up and start flying (to a degree – more in the next paragraph). Hiring means that you have to fit into the drone pilot’s schedule. Any delay can mean a delay to listing the property, getting it sold and earning money.
But there are many hoops that you need to jump through in order to fly a drone. A pilot’s licence is needed to ensure that you have the necessary skills and experience to fly a drone safely. And you need flight authorisation for every flight in most European countries nowadays. Insurance is another factor that will need to be considered. And then there are the inevitable crashes. A drone can be wiped out with a collision or missed turning.
And it isn’t the raw video that ends up in your marketing materials. Editing is a hugely important part of the process, leaving the final video as a work of art that will sell homes for you. Maybe best leave this one to the pros…
And that would be Backbone. You get the best of both worlds. It’s just like owning your personal drone as you can pick the date that suits you – and Backbone will take care of everything for you from flight authorisation, insurance, picking the right pilot, editing, etc.
New Trends In Drone Photography
The cutting edge of drone photography has never been more cutting! As the tech gets more advances, so does the things you can do with it. FPV or First Person View is an emerging trend in drone video in real estate. This gives a new type of video with drones used not only outside but also inside a house. The visuals are stunning and help to sell properties quickly for a premium price.
As trends emerge and pilots become experienced in them, you can benefit from their skills. Hiring drone photography means that you can get the best expertise while concentrating on what you do best – selling homes by building relationships.